NSEF is a London-based engineering technology Think Tank with three Programmes (AGB, MCTNA and AGBL) for education, development and engagement. NSEF is a pioneering project in terms of its intervention philosophy towards Bissau Guinean communities.
The NSEF emerges in the discussion table on "contributing to the engineering and science to help in socio-economic and cultural development in Guinea-Bissau".
In this context, the NSEF while an engineering and science company, headquartered in the UK, has as its objective to support the society of Guinea-Bissau. Our work, developed in the UK, is mostly done in Higher Education Institutions and aims to help quell the numerous development problems in Guinea-Bissau. We believe that education, research, and entrepreneurship are vital for greater social development in Guinea-Bissau. We work towards finding innovative solutions that have significant social and economic impact, particularly in rural areas in Guinea-Bissau. In terms of UK residents, the Foundation supports Portuguese-speaking communities and helps Bissau Guinean descents in the UK to up-skill and to explore their career options back in Guinea-Bissau.
The basic purpose of the organization is to improve the skills and the living conditions of young people and Guinean women of all ages through engineering and technology in remote areas. The needs of the population of these areas are extremely high and NSEF offers "philanthropic engineering services" for the needy.
The NSEF project is promoted by Guineans, with the collaboration and support of people and institutions mainly in the United Kingdom and Portugal, namely:
- The first being Guinean professionals and celebrities Guineans resident in the United Kingdom, the United States, Portugal and Guinea-Bissau;
- The second type of collaborations are universities, professional and highly prestigious British and Portuguese companies and organisations such as Hackney Council for Voluntary Services, Motor Design Ltd, Ongreening Ltd, Science4you, University of East London - Knowledge Dock Business Centre;
- NSEF is also supported both in Great-Britain and Portugal by academics with extensive experience in the areas of education, culture and science in society.
The NSEF serves as the anchor for three innovative community projects to operate in the UK and the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, namely:
- Maria da Conceição Té National Academy (an educational institution in Guinea-Bissau);
- Active Guinea-Bissau (Engineering and technology support for community growth in Guinea-Bissau);
- Association of Guinea-Bissau and Lusophone Countries (Bissau Guinean community network and support in the UK).